Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Back in Black

Since my last post, which was me feeling sorry for my self, I've done better at the tables. Not particular good but better. I got my money back I lost the day or two before for profit of a grand total of about $300. So that turns out to be a swing of about 1200. I played a bunch of sit and go's at empire with buy in's ranging from 50 to 200 and netted a profit of about 600. It was nice to finally do well in these because I haven't been lately. Played some 6 max 10-20 tables there also and pretty much broke even. I also made obout 5-6 hundred at the site I prop at. Playing two tables at this site at 5-10 so thats not bad at all.

So anyway things are starting to go better and I'm trying to be more positive. It's funny how when things go well at the tables it seems to be reflected in my life, and vice versa. So I've decided to try something that many poker players have wriiten about. I'm going to try and make my personal life better and hopefully it should improve my performance at the tables. Lord knows there are alot of things I need to take care of. I really don't want to get into details right now so I won't.

But I will say that in my last post I alluded to things going badly because I was somewhat distracted by a girl. It is true, i was distracted by the problems with our relationship, which by the way were largely my fault. She came and visited me in Vegas for my birthday which was the best thing I could have gotten. It started out great and we were having good times when things went bad. Too much alcohol and we were fighting (nothing violent). It got a little out of control (ok alot) and to make a long story short feelings were hurt and our relationship was severely damaged. And its really been bothering me because she is my best friend and has been for years now. But anyway, things are getting better with her and I hope it continues, she has been one of my biggest supporters when it comes to my poker career and I would hate to lose that. Poker is hard enough as it is (as I'm sure all serious players know) so the more support you have the better and the better your personal life, the better your poker life will be. So anyway I just want to verbalize to this girl in case she ever reads this that I am sorry and I appreciate all the support she has given me and I hope we can continue to be friends.

So I guess it's time to go back to the tables and try to grind out a living.....later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home